Friday, December 3, 2010

Locks of Love

My long time buddy Mark gave me a semi-panicked call yesterday. You see, it's his dad's birthday today, and apparently Pop's been pretty vocal about his gift preference: all he wants is for his hippie kid to get a freakin' haircut already. Being a really good dude (with really good hair) Mark decided to donate his hair to a charity that'll take his sweet curls and make a wig to help someone going through the chemo process. I know it's for the kids and all, but I freely admit that I was damn sad to cut all that gorgeous hair. Mark and I met when we were 16 years old, and a big part of the crush I had on him back then was his wicked Keanu hair! (That he totally dyed with a purple Smelly Felt. Or was it a bingo dabber? I can't remember. It was... let's just say it was a while ago.) Check out the progression!


Before

Tiny ponytails so we get max length for donation

I'm traumatized!

Mark's awesome girlfriend Heather is totally on board. Not worried at all.

Aaaaand After. What the hell was I worried about, huh?

If you're interested in donating your hair, please check out this link to the Canadian Cancer Society for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment